Wednesday, October 17, 2007

When I grow uP

I was just telling a friend that I love reading Ernest Hemingway because his style captures me with just a few lines. Writing like that truly is a gift. My dream is to write when I grow up. Danny always says quit dreaming about it and do it. I guess I fear that I don't know enough about any ONE thing to write about it. But blogging is easy! I can write a little about a lot of things. And you are my guinea pigs!!

Writing out stuff always brings me to an awareness of who I am. Hemingway says when you are blocked, write one sentence that you know is true. When your writing trails off and gets stale, go back to that one true statement and start again. I think I will try that! I want to write with the eloquence of Ernest Hemingway, the style of Pearl S. Buck, and the wisdom of Elisabeth Elliot.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

1 comment:

Stephanie Breuner said...

I totally agree. So glad I can keep up with you through your blog. Keep at it!