Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Help Solve My Mystery

I have had an emotional day. First of all this is day 5 of my migraine. I think I can forecast the weather by these things! We really needed to pay an overdue bill today. So I was headed out to the mailbox to see if we had any gig money. As I opened the front door, I was shocked to see a huge box of groceries on my doorstep. I fell to my knees and praised God for this blessing. The kids came running to see if the headache had finally done me in. They were amazed by God's provision and mesmerized by the cookies and brownies! Noah informed me that someone had just left a message telling me to check the front porch. Of course, they did not say their name. And I don't have caller id so I don't know who it was. You'd think I could recognize a friend's voice. But everyone I have asked, has denied making the delivery. Hmmmm... Who could it be? Who could have known?

Well, you may be wondering. The mailbox contained no green. So I just kept trusting God for the provision. While I was at our homeschool co-op this afternoon, I had this overwhelming sense of peace. I immediately thought, "That bill has been paid." It was as if the burden was lifted. I got home and found out that about the time I was experiencing peace, someone had loaned us the money for this crucial need. Wow God is good. This same "someone" bought us a refrigerator when both of our old ones died last week. You know who you are...Welcome to the BOM!

By the way, if our band of misfits intrigues you and you would like to create one of your own, all you have to do is give or receive. Why do I refer to us misfits? Because most people don't do life this way. We have a remarkable group of friends meeting one another's needs. If one of us has it and one of us needs it, we give it. It is a beautiful thing.

No comments: