Thursday, March 27, 2008

What's on the inside?


The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him. Psalm 25:14

I love Easter candy, especially Robin Eggs. And I have been eating alot of them this week. I really only like the inside. So when I read the May 6th entry in Streams in the Desert (Yes, I like to get ahead) I was compelled to take this picture. Mrs. Cowman says that God reveals some of his secrets to us. On the outside they look harsh. Her words: "You are looking only on the outside...faith looks deeper." FAITH looks deeper. Not me, not pain, not desperation...but faith. That is interesting to me. She goes on to say that God sends good stuff in unattractive wrappings, but don't worry about the wrapping, inside he has hidden treasures. "If we will simply take what he sends and trust him for the blessings inside we will learn the meaning of the secrets of His providence, even in times of darkness."

Can I take what he sends? Even in times of darkness? I hope to blog more of what God is sending my way. I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks. Not sure I want to post this kind of thing. I have lines of journal entries, tucked neatly on my bookshelves. It is easy to write of the hard times when no one will read it. But I am compelled to share a little of this. Many of my friends are treading similar waters. The strength we can garner from one another might help us.

No comments: