Thursday, February 28, 2008

Little Boy

A friend who works with an orphanage in East Asia told me about a little boy. I don't know his name, but I ask you to remember him. She said she went to the orphanage yesterday and was shocked to see this boy, almost 3 years old, in the orphanage. He was supposed to have been adopted this week. But the parents would not take him. They said his head was too flat! All orphanage babies have flat heads! This child had been in a foster home. Now he is in the orphanage. I feel physically sick when I think about this poor boy! He had a foster family. Now he is sleeping in a strange room with 50 kids. The glimmer of hope is that the local foster family might want to adopt him. Please pray that they will. Please pray he can get back to them quickly. Tonight as my 3 year old Jett was going to sleep he wanted me to wrap my arms around him. He held my hand and kissed it. If he sensed that I was pulling away, he would hold me tighter. I cried as I thought about that dear little boy missing the hand of his foster mom. I tried to imagine my Jett in a strange environment not understanding what had happened to his happy family. That makes my heart hurt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad!!! :( I don't understand people....

Stephanie Breuner said...

now my heart hurts. I can't imagine a little child that age waking up in the middle of the night knowing no one around him and having to be satisfied with strangers comforting him-hopefully they do-comfort him, that is.