Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Can't Do It All

I never thought physical labor would be so appealing. I like to read and sew and eat. But this summer I have learned something...Farms don't look good all by themselves. And the more I sweat, the better I feel. This week after working outside a full 7 hours through heat, rain, storms and more heat, I stopped to ponder the sheer joy I feel to be living in this place. There they hung, like ribbons dangling down to touch my face and draw my attention to the One who gave me this gift. How powerful an image when you know the original intent of that first rainbow.

So today I will go out there again and try to undo the mess my inattentiveness to my garden has created. But I am not lazy. I swear! My attentions have been turned elsewhere, equally as important. Yet somehow while I am working so hard on one area, another one spreads out of control. The perfectionist in me tries to beat up the naturalist who wants to sit back and take in every sunset. I will not be bullied. I am learning as I go. Today I will battle beetles and weeds and tonight I will rest knowing I have done all I can do.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh, Cindy! How wonderful that you have found the perfect place, and your perfect life! Isn't it great to wake up every morning and love your life?
Wonderful blog...almost like having you right here with me. In the air-conditioning, no kids, complete silence except for the sound of my fingers on the keyboard.
Oh, I need to go pick some tomatoes before it gets too hot!

Stephanie Breuner said...

Except for my laziness-I wish I could be farming with you :)