Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mrs. Wagmore

Two things. That's all I want. Well, that's all I want today anyway. Tomorrow I will want two more things. When I came home from China, I desperately wanted two things: to not be easily irritated by the life’s little mishaps and to never pray the same again. I thought I was O for O. I arrived home in the wee hours Sunday morning. I slept 4 hours then I was up for the Easter festivities. By mid afternoon, the irritability set in. Yeah, I know…jetlag. But I wanted to be easy going. After all, I had missed hearing my name called 40 times an hour…really! And prayer? All I want to do this week is sleep!

The connection in prayer our team experienced was unlike anything I have ever known. The Spirit was directing us and it was exhilarating. We saw the hand of God move in us, in others, in our circumstances.

I realize life is what happens while we are making plans. I am not all that disillusioned. And I also realize that ten days in a foreign country is stepping out of my reality. But I wanted to share this because I think it is significant. It’s so easy to be disappointed with how mundane daily life can be. But as I slowed down today I realized something.

I am praying differently. I am expecting more from my God because I have seen more than I have ever seen before. I don’t ever want to talk AT God. I will listen first to see how He will direct me to pray. After all, He is always at work and I want to get in on what He is doing.

As for the irritability, I am more aware of it. And I guess that is a start. Things don’t change over night. So I am thankful for awareness. Yesterday I saw this blurb: Wag More…Bark Less. Yeah, I think I can do that.

1 comment:

jessie said...

Cindy, as always I'm amazed at what God is doing in and through your life. Keep processing it all. I cannot wait to hear more about your trip to China. I wish I could be there in person to hear your stories!! I miss you dearly.