Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rees Howells Intercessor

Some books are better read when you're desperate. For me, this is one such book. I feel I have just taken a course on intercessory prayer. To be in the throes of following Divine direction, yet not having the needed resources is a personal test of faith. It is as if a veil is blocking me from seeing what is around the next corner. Though that veil hinders my vision it is serving to strengthen my faith. By no means am I facing what Mr. Howells faced. Yet being immersed in his testimony of the Holy Spirit is somehow holding me above my own sea of human emotion and showing me how to abide in what God has said. I am learning that when God is silent, his presence has to be enough. Can I be sustained by that? Can I hold on, unwaivering, to what he has spoken to me until he chooses to lift the veil?

No comments: